Friday, May 06, 2011

newfound grace


-The way Hayden lets out a contented sigh as he plops his head down in my lap. I also like the way he's winking at me in this picture. Such a sweet dog.

-Getting a message from my friends the Sedgewicks in Belfast to let me know that I have a "new Belfast niece" named Gracie. I love that name (and am already an Aunt to one precious Gracie). Any time I hear that name, I always think of the U2 lyrics: "Grace, it's a name for a girl and also a thought that changed the world." So excited for them.

-Running into a woman from church in the grocery store and having her tell me she's been thinking about my sermon all week. What a kind thing to say. She said, "I think we're all doubting Thomases, and that can lead us to do great things."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you with gratitude and awareness of how much clarity you brought to my search for a truer path. Rosemary/topeka

Whitney said...

Thank you, Rosemary. It was such a joy to meet you. May God continue to bring you beauty along the path.
Peace,
Whitney