Sunday, May 29, 2011

home away from home


-House/dog sitting for my mom's friend Debra and enjoying her quaint, charming house and her adorable dogs. It was so relaxing, and made especially fun Saturday night when I cooked dinner (the roasted veg couscous was a success, the lemon chicken francese was, um, interesting) for my great friend Ashley. We later watched a movie and talked all things everyday (couponing & cooking) and deep (life plans & hopes).


(I had fun with these guys, too.)

What a nice little getaway.

-Having my good friend Bonnie (whom I know from a church I worked in in Georgia) come for a visit to go to church with me and my family and have lunch. It was so wonderful to see her. She's just one of the most amazing women I know. Her and her husband and have been in Houston on-and-off for the last several months while he let's cancer know who's boss. They've both travelled the world together and today my family and I heard such amazing stories about their adventures everywhere from Egypt to South America to South Africa. Though circumstances for them being in Texas aren't ideal, it's been wonderful that we've both wound up in the same state again for a little while. We both told each other on Facebook how much fun we had together this afternoon, and I loved Bonnie's comment: "Isn't it amazing how God put us together and we both keep spreading our wings of love?"

No comments: