Monday, November 01, 2010

step by step

-Natalie (my 2 1/2 year old niece) saying as soon as she saw me, "You have purple shoes." So observant...and woefully shoe-obsessed already!

-A woman eating a whole avocado with a spoon in the airport. That takes a certain amount of self-assurance. I kinda wish I had brought one.

-Fresh baked oatmeal butterscotch cookies.

-Leading worship and having that wonderfully affirming feeling that comes with it: I'm in the right profession for me. There's nothing else I'd rather do.

-A restaurant so friendly that when someone entered, the waitress came over to her and just chatted for a while. None of that rushing-through-your-order business.

-A beautiful sunrise over sleepy fields (seen through sleepy eyes).

-Watching Gianna (my 1 year old niece) take some real, actual steps. You can see it on my sister's blog here. It really was an overnight thing: one day she was stumbling along attempting to walk and the next she just woke up thinking, "Ok, enough with the crawling. I'm walking today." Just awesome.

No comments: