Thursday, November 25, 2010

giving thanks

It's been such a lovely Thanksgiving! There's not much I love more than cooking (& eating) a lot of food with family. I got to make roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes, pancetta-garlic brussel sprouts and my favorite decadent dark chocolate tart. What fun. My nieces are precocious and precious as ever, the sun's been shining and now a cold front has brought a refreshing change to things, we all piled in and watched The Great Gatsby (in what I hope will be a new Thanksgiving tradition of a Robert Redford movie every year) and I had that tasty turkey and dressing twice now (with hot sauce of course). My sister took a lot of play-by-play pictures as we were cooking in the kitchen, so I'll post some of those soon. Looking forward to another morning of communal coffee time with energetic little girls and sleepy conversation among the adults. My family's great.

No comments: