Tuesday, November 09, 2010

unexpected ways



-Going on an early morning (like just after 7) bike ride with my Dad. It was chilly enough outside to wear my warm grey sweater and so refreshing to watch the sun streaming through the clouds as we sped down our tree-lined street.

-Having a big delicious, fragrant bowl of Irish oatmeal for breakfast, made decadent with a sprinkling of brown sugar and a pat of butter.

-Joining my local library and enjoying perusing the aisles and aisles of books. I recommended one to a stranger near me (The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield--which someone on my blog here recommended to me!) and left with arms full of novels, cookbooks and even old movies (of the Cary Grant variety).

-Passing a Methodist church sign that read "God meets our needs in unexpected ways."

-Getting a lovely letter from my great friend Catherine in Belfast and just hearing her voice as I read it.

-Getting to talk briefly to the great new momma Karen.

No comments: