Wednesday, November 17, 2010

wimberley whimsies

What a fun, Texas day I've had. I went with my Mom and her good friend Cosette to Wimberley to visit that quaint little hill country town where Cosette and her husband have built a beautiful house that they call their "vacation/weekend home" (for now). As my mom predicted, I absolutely fell in love with Wimberley and the surrounding hill country. From a pleasant not-cold-not-hot breeze of fresh air, to quirky antique stores, to delicious hamburgers with sweet potato fries, to Shire-like trees magically guarding the river, to whimsical homes with welcoming artistically sculptured gates, to golden sunlight filtering through moss-adorned trees, to funny stories shared with previously-unknown shopkeepers, to a perfect Texan sunset on the way home, it was idyllic in every way. I'm going to have to go there again soon.


No comments: