Tuesday, December 05, 2006

smells and shadows

-The strong, pungent smell of the Farmer's Market as I enter. It smells like a combination of coffee and spices. It's a wonderful place where I find the most obscure fruit, wines and vegetables. I always hear at least three different languages being spoken around me.

-Receiving my first Christmas card from my parents' minister. She even included a little gift.

-Tree shadows painted onto the wall outside my apartment. When I first moved in, I loved the wall, with its red Georgia clay staining that makes it whisper of Tuscany.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Well, maybe there is a fishy undertone. Whatever it is, I can't really tell if it's a good smell or not. But no place else smells like it, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

What did your Parent's minister include? I'm curious!

Whitney said...

a kind check...a VERY thoughtful gift for a seminary student!

Anonymous said...

Indeed!