Thursday, November 23, 2006

whirring welcomes

-The yellow rose (of Texas) and Gaelic welcome my sister left in her guestroom for me. It's so great to spend some time with her and Clay.

-The whirr of the film projector that I could hear in the silence between previews at the movies last night. It made me feel like I was in a different time period, like the days of Katharine Hepburn and Sidney Poitier. I just watched "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" and that's probably what made me think of them. What a film before its time.

-Seeing Texas stars again. Orion was beautiful last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could write in Gaelic!
Mind you, i wish i could be home and have a welcome note from my sister - even an English or Afrikaans one will do.
I bought a ticket to New Mexico yesterday - i'm going to a monastery for Christmas and a conference there over New Years. Are the Albuquerque stars anything like the Texas ones?

Whitney said...

You're going to love the New Mexico stars! (Although I thought South Africa's were about the best I've ever seen.) Hope you had fun playing ultimate last week. (oh, and well done on spelling Al-bu-quer-que correctly...whew!) Enjoy your break. ;)