Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Texas four-step









(Again I'm late with the post...sorry! I've been traveling all around Texas visiting family.)


-Watching my Nana brush my Papaw's hair this morning. They're both in their eighties, and still clearly in love.

-The pungent and delicious smell of a neighbor cooking Mexican food that hits my nose as soon as I step outside.

-The way my Grandmother exclaimed, "Wonnnerful! Just Wonnerful!!" as we all munched on delicious oatmeal raisin cookies.

-Seeing my Papaw take four really big steps across the room. He's recovering from a stroke and knee trouble, and has been working incredibly hard. Those four steps were like running a marathon would be for me.

-The pinkish-yellow light cast across an abandoned building just as the sun begins to set.

No comments: