Wednesday, November 15, 2006

twelve's a crowd

-Having the girls over for Sex&theCity on Tuesdays. What is normally a few people ended up being twelve, crammed into my little apartment. We had the chocolate hazelnut cookies I made, and of course, wine. The energy and laughter from all being together was enlivening.

-The tick-tock of my old wind-up alarm clock. I bought it ages ago in an antique store for 50 cents. At first, the tick-tock kept me awake, but now I can't sleep well without its rhythm. I also love how the face glows in the dark, so that I can always tell what time it is.

-Driving to lunch, we blared the Dixie Chicks "Not Ready to Make Nice" and sang at the top of our lungs. I love that song, with all of its bravery and honesty. It's refreshing to hear country music that isn't afraid to break out of its political mold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made CDs for the trip to this presbytery meeting like I did for the one in February.

"Not Ready to Make Nice" was right there at the top