Friday, October 21, 2011

starbucks & songbirds

-I'm in Houston this weekend for a presbytery meeting Saturday and a service on Sunday, and so am staying with Ash and Clay (yay!).  My parents are looking after Hayden for me, and my Mom sent this picture of him, doing some reading apparently.  (I think he was interested in the cake on the cover.)  Such a regal little guy.

-I took my sister to pick up her car at the shop, so we came back to her house in two cars and made a quick stop by the Starbucks drive-thru.  When I pulled up to the window (after my sister), the barista grinned like she was in on some private joke, handed my cappuccino to me and said "Your sister already bought it for you."  So thoughtful!

-Being stopped at a light and watching dozens of birds soar in formation, in perfect time to the song that happened to be on the radio.

No comments: