Tuesday, April 12, 2011

catching up with old friends

-Having a perfect hazelnut latte at my favorite coffee haunt. Hazelnut lattes are my favorite (at St. George's Market in Belfast on Saturdays, the man at the coffee stall would start making me a hazelnut latte as soon as he saw me). I told the girl working there how pretty it was and she replied, "It took me a year to learn how to do that!"

-Planning for an upcoming Easter service (how is it that Easter is later than ever and still feels like it came quickly?) and enjoying some wisdom from some of my favorite theologians.

"Love is the victor. Death is not the end. The end is life. His life and our lives through him, in him. Existence has greater depths of beauty, mystery and benediction than the wildest visionary has ever dared to dream. Christ our Lord has risen." Frederick Buechner

"The wonder of Easter is not for arguing or explaining or disputing in order to domesticate it to our categories of reasonableness. It is for storytelling that leaves us in awe and for preaching that asserts in the world what the church knows deeply and trusts completely. Both story and sermon break out of Friday defeat into God's wonder." Walter Brueggemann

-Going around town to put up some flyers for a play opening this Friday and running into so many people I know. It was just one of those days where you see everybody. What fun!

No comments: