Wednesday, October 20, 2010

you've got a friend in me

-Wearing purple today as part of a national initiative (through facebook, organized by GLAAD) to take a stand against bullying and with glbt teenagers and their families. I wore purple because hate is wrong, fear of the other is sin which Christ has already conquered and every teenager (and person) deserves to be valued as a child of God no matter what their sexuality is. These bullying-related suicides of teenagers have to stop. Wearing purple doesn't do this, but at least it's once more voice of solidarity.

-While doing a bit of Hebrew work for an upcoming sermon, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my fantastic friend Jessi had left me a note in it the last time she borrowed it (years ago). I've never noticed it before. What an unexpected, joyful discovery.

-My mom making the most delectable, melt-in-your-mouth, fabulous lemon chicken. It was served on top of homemade buttery, peppery croutons. Oh my, was it good. (Thanks, Mamacita!)

No comments: