Thursday, November 19, 2009

birds of a feather

-A colorful and cheery peacock on display at Botanic Primary School. The kids always do the most amazing artwork.

-Going to AM/PM for dinner with my housemates. It's this bohemian, chic, Parisian-style pub/restaurant with pink flowers blossoming on the ceiling, dramatic candles on the tables and gilded gold frames everywhere. Next time I'm in, I'll take pictures, I promise. As we walked away, I thought (with a bit of heaviness) that these are the moments and places I'll miss. You just don't get many Parisian cafes in the US.

-Cooking soup for the Nightreach students (and for my housemates and me) and just throwing in a bit of this and a bit of that and ending up with yummy chicken curry soup. I also love hibernating in the kitchen and cooking with music loudly playing, making the kitchen the warmest and most lively place to be. My housemates and I even ended up just eating in the kitchen because it was so cozy and fragrant.

1 comment:

Fiona McNeill said...

where's the starbucks :(