Saturday, January 02, 2010

auld lang syne

Well, I had a lovely morning at home. We woke up early...


let the sun pour in...
read the paper...

drank some coffee, and thought over the fun glimpses of grace in the past few days:

Lighting my great-grandmother's votives...

ringing in 2010 with champagne...

taking pretty Christmas pictures...


...and lots more: curling up in my dad's big leather recliner with a cuppa chamomile tea and a book, reading until my head starts to droop, the energy and excitement that comes with imagining the future, more of those amazing pancakes, good conversations and, yes, still that coffee. It's been a whirlwind two weeks at home, and I can't believe it's almost over. I'm off to see my First Pres Bryan family tomorrow to be with them in worship, and am really looking forward to it. So far, 2010, you're not too shabby!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Happy New Year, Whitney. You have a lovely family.