Wednesday, December 30, 2009

12 days of Christmas

Oh, I'm having fun at home.
There's playing with Natalie, aka, "Bigfoot"...
There's that constant happy smile on Gianna's face...
There's the serenity of precious sleeping children...
There's cuddles and little hands holding mine... There's a welcome mat ready for wherever my feet take me next...
There's hysterical playing in the amazing circus tent Natalie got for Christmas...


Did I mention the cuddles?
There's Natalie glamming it up with the jewelry I gave her that's just like some I had as a child...
There's those amazing, fiery Texas sunsets...
There's the food...wow...

And there's so much more: reading my book with fresh coffee and Hayden (the dog) cuddled up next to me, rainy days spent by a roaring fire, a wee bit of sermonating, visiting grandmothers (who are now great-grandmothers), rocking Natalie to sleep as she asks me what every single object in the room is (including my eyes), having a good long conversation with my dear friend Rob and feeling glad I'm in Texas at this particular time, going to a movie with my sista and spending some time just be-ing.

No comments: