Sunday, December 06, 2009

walk on

-Getting a hilarious, very Belfast t-shirt from Tee & Toast, the quirky designer at St. George's Market. When I came to pick it up today in the middle of a crazed Christmas market, she held up the bag eagerly and said, "Oh here, Whitney!" It's of the famous Belfast landmarks the shipyard cranes lovingly called "Samson" and "Goliath," but with a bit of a rock-n-roll edge. She recommending making one for me in red, which I just love. A hug, encouraging words and a smile also came along with it, and were very welcome additions.

-Going Christmas shopping with Andrea and finding things that (hopefully) really suit loved ones.

-Singing "Just a Closer Walk with Thee" at the evening service and feeling an inexplicable but tangible closeness to my Granddaddy.

1 comment:

LT said...

That T-shirt ROCKS. Give my best to St. George's.

x