Wednesday, August 20, 2008

spectacles and a spectacular scarf

-Passing my Dad as I drove away to run some errands. We both stopped in the middle of the street for a good five minutes to catch up and chat through our open windows. It's nice to live on such a quiet street that this causes no disruption at all.

-Receiving a lovely green fair-trade scarf from my wonderful friend Karen. She sent a note (addressed to: "Missionary Extraordinare" with "Ireland or Bust!" under it) and explained that the greens in the scarf reminded her of Irish green hills and that she knew I would appreciate it being fair-trade. It was a very thoughtful gift.

-Getting new glasses that are quirky and classy at the same time. I went much bolder than my last pair, and I'm so glad I did. I love the chocolate brown molded plastic frames with an orange interior.

1 comment:

Karen Fleming said...

Hey friend! So happy you like the scarf! And I dig the new glasses too. Call you back soon.
Karen