Saturday, August 02, 2008

pretty in pink

-The first glimpse of the aquamarine ocean through the grass as we drove to Rockport for some authentic seafood.

-A lovely bright pink bohemian blouse, which is soft and flowy and gathers in all the right places. I usually avoid pink, but this magenta shade was so bright and fun.

-Stopping at quite possibly the most quirky coffee shop I've ever been in (and that's saying a lot). The place was cozy and beachy, with wicker chairs everywhere, hand-painted walls and puffy sofas. The woman working at the counter greeted us with her bubbly personality and purpley-penciled eyebrows and charged us for basic drinks and then told us to head to the barista ("who is FANTASTIC") at the bar and "have fun, go crazy" with flavors. There was a live guitarist filling the place with impromptu music, and the barista was great. I got caught up in all the fun and added coconut flavoring to my frozen mocha drink, and it was fantastic. The barista, Adriana, also brought me what was left in the blender from making my drink in a little glass. What a delightful place.

No comments: