Sunday, August 16, 2009

going absolutely ape

-Lazily meandering through my favorite Belfast streets and shops and stumbling into a bohemian boutique that was so quaint, I had to go up a narrow spiral staircase to try clothes on upstairs. When I did, the owner of the shop was up there re-designing a vintage gown to wear to an awards event in which she was being honored for her fashion designs. She asked my opinion, and then I tried on a lovely top and she gave me her opinion. It was all so casual and comfortable that I felt like I was shopping with an old friend. I ended up buying a gorgeously gathered one-shouldered brown and white polka-dot top that I love (and it was on sale!). It's perfect with a scarf for upcoming gigs. It reminds me a little of Julia Robert's dress for the races in Pretty Woman.

-Ri hosting a little dinner party that was a refreshing and entertaining night. I made some new friends (they're bloggers, too!) and enjoyed yummy pasta and a conversation that spanned the topics of gizebras (think zebra + giraffe), pirates, gnomes, the emergent church and women in ministry. Now if all that put together doesn't make a wonderful story, I don't know what will! ;)

-Watching Paris When It Sizzles, the last movie I had yet to see in the Audrey Hepburn box set that my neighbo(u)r gave me for Christmas. There's a brilliant dialogue that I found myself jotting down:

William Holden: "Wow, you really love it, don't you?"
Audrey Hepburn: "What?"
WH: "Life."
AH: "Every morning when I wake up and see there's a whole new other day, I just go absolutely ape!"

5 comments:

whynotsmile said...

Technically, I think it's zebra+giraffe. But I think he'll be honoured just to get a mention.

Love your blog!

xoxo

Whitney said...

Ah that makes more sense! Ha. Fixed it. :) xo

Alan in Belfast said...

And it's the first time I've ever seen the creature's name written down! Wonder where he's hiding now.

catherine said...

was it Atelier?

Whitney said...

yep :) love it!