Sunday, August 16, 2009

going absolutely ape

-Lazily meandering through my favorite Belfast streets and shops and stumbling into a bohemian boutique that was so quaint, I had to go up a narrow spiral staircase to try clothes on upstairs. When I did, the owner of the shop was up there re-designing a vintage gown to wear to an awards event in which she was being honored for her fashion designs. She asked my opinion, and then I tried on a lovely top and she gave me her opinion. It was all so casual and comfortable that I felt like I was shopping with an old friend. I ended up buying a gorgeously gathered one-shouldered brown and white polka-dot top that I love (and it was on sale!). It's perfect with a scarf for upcoming gigs. It reminds me a little of Julia Robert's dress for the races in Pretty Woman.

-Ri hosting a little dinner party that was a refreshing and entertaining night. I made some new friends (they're bloggers, too!) and enjoyed yummy pasta and a conversation that spanned the topics of gizebras (think zebra + giraffe), pirates, gnomes, the emergent church and women in ministry. Now if all that put together doesn't make a wonderful story, I don't know what will! ;)

-Watching Paris When It Sizzles, the last movie I had yet to see in the Audrey Hepburn box set that my neighbo(u)r gave me for Christmas. There's a brilliant dialogue that I found myself jotting down:

William Holden: "Wow, you really love it, don't you?"
Audrey Hepburn: "What?"
WH: "Life."
AH: "Every morning when I wake up and see there's a whole new other day, I just go absolutely ape!"

5 comments:

ScatterCode said...

Technically, I think it's zebra+giraffe. But I think he'll be honoured just to get a mention.

Love your blog!

xoxo

Whitney said...

Ah that makes more sense! Ha. Fixed it. :) xo

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

And it's the first time I've ever seen the creature's name written down! Wonder where he's hiding now.

Anonymous said...

was it Atelier?

Whitney said...

yep :) love it!