Friday, January 30, 2009

a wee treat

-Going to see Methody's version of Guys & Dolls. Some of the teens I work with were in it, and others were helping with it. It was really impressive talent-wise, and I just loved hearing all those Norn Irish kids put of their best New York accents. I get really into plays, and don't really care if they're a broadway production or a school's.

-Roberta buying my ticket for Guys & Dolls, and when I tried to pay her back, she replied, "No, no, Whitney. Really. It's a wee treat."

-Coming in out of the cold rain, putting on warm flannel pj's and curling up in bed with a good book, a hot water bottle and a big steaming mug of hot chocolate. The rain was so soothing to listen to once I was cozy and dry inside.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Whitney

Sorry for not replying sooner, but I have been over in England at a conference this week and have had no access to wifi - aah!! Would love to meet you for a coffee sometime, give me a shout when you are free gingerkaters@gmail.com. I heard a wonderful talk on women in ministry this week!

Love the blog
Kate
xo

Mavis said...

Love the 'virtual' feel of those PJs (even in 41 degree heat here today). The tea and scones in earlier post also sound good