Wednesday, August 31, 2011

drawing closer

-A stunning orange sunrise this morning.  It's going to be a good day.

-Going to a presbytery cluster meeting and seeing so many wonderful people I know and meeting a few other area ministers I didn't know yet.  I found myself one of the last to get in line for dinner (nothin' like a Presbyterian potluck, y'all) because I was so engrossed in conversation with folks and I was also one of the last to enter the meeting room, for the same reason.  There was a palpable sense of community in the place.

-Tiny leaves crunching underfoot in the front yard.  I'm sure they're more a result of the drought than the advent of fall, but I also sensed a slight coolness in the air.  Autumn's my favorite time of year (roasted butternut squash risotto! apple cider! scarves!) and so it's a hopeful thing to know that, with each day, it's drawing closer.

No comments: