Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Gruene St. Paddy's Day

For St. Patrick's Day, I went with my parents to the charming little town of Gruene (pronounced "green") for a little antiquing, wine tasting and just recharging. Gruene has such personality, and is so much fun to wander through.




This little guy was just hanging out in his favorite crepe myrtle, and might have been a bit annoyed that I was staring at him.

I really liked the look of this mirror on the red wooden building, but thought the picture would look more interesting if my dad and I appeared in it.



I also snapped a picture with my mom in an antique store.



(you know I have to get a picture of chipping paint on something...so pretty.)

I think, if possible, my mom would have hopped on that bike and pedaled it away to take it and the flowers growing in it.

The best. place. to. eat. ever.

See?


We later visited a lovely and friendly little wine tasting room. I really love wine, and was able to try 3 delicious varieties: a cabernet sauvignon, a pinot noir and a peachy white wine (all Texas wines, of course). And it was free! The pinot was so delicious that we bought a bottle.

In one of the fabulous antique shops I discovered this crate that has my mom's maiden name on it. She loved it and it came home with us.

It was a perfect Gruene St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a delightful day. We tasted wine in Gruene for our anniversary...our wine experience was not quite as positive. Our time in Gruene was perfect. Enjoy your day.