Saturday, June 09, 2007

nu(tella) and new(Strength)

-Light striking the edge of my mirror at the perfect angle to create a rainbow prism. It was the last thing I saw as I drifted off to sleep.

-Getting a personal pep rally from my friend Ian. I explained to him how my work at the hospital this past week has been the hardest thing I've ever done and that it's going to be a very stretching summer. I said that I could've chosen a much easier CPE placement, but for some reason I chose Grady, and on top of that, requested to chaplain the HIV floor. He said, "But that's what you do, Whitney. You don't jog, you rock climb. You didn't go straight from college to seminary, but instead worked in Belfast for a year. You always go for the hardest challenge." It was nice to be reminded that this is what I do, and that the Strength that helps me climb (although it's been ages) and helped me face challenges in Belfast will help me through this summer. I wonder if this is why I dreamed of rock climbing and patients all in the same night.

-A brand-spanking-new tub on Nutella. I love how the chocolate spread is perfectly swirled and smooth after I peel back the seal.

No comments: