Tuesday, May 22, 2007

serene savannah

(Sorry for not posting for a while...I took a quick and lovely trip to Savannah. See?)

-Gorgeous moss-covered trees with the evening sun shining through them.

-A secretive door in the middle of an ivy-covered wall. My imagination went wild with what could be behind it.

-Reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil in Savannah, where it's set. One of my favorite traveling hobbies is to read a book written about that place. (I also did this with Under the Tuscan Sun in Cortona, Italy.) Reading someone else's impressions of a place make it come alive in a new way.

-A beat-up yellow/gray/brown bug named "Stevo."
-Random positive graffiti all over Savannah that says "everything will be okay." I'm so curious about who spreads such a hopeful message.

No comments: