Thursday, July 16, 2009

wee treats



-Catherine coming over for dinner & a movie and bringing with her delightful little cupcakes. They looked and tasted wonderful. I even remembered to serve tea (albeit a bit belatedly) after dinner to go with them. (Tea or coffee after dinner is a must here, but I sometimes forget.)

-Waking up at 6am, groggily looking at the window to see how light it was and at my watch to see what time it was, and then realizing I had more time to sleep. I smiled and drifted back off to sleep.

-Buying some lovely sunflowers and giving one away. As I came in my door, the little girl across the street (who's from the Czech Republic, I think) was eyeing them. I took her one, and she immediately became shy, so I just put it on the wall to her garden with a smile. As I turned the corner, I glanced back and saw her run and grab it.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh yum! That icing looks decadent.