Friday, July 10, 2009

knights, hobbits and Spirit (or Knights of the Coffee Table)


-A really fantastic night of live music. I went to hear my friend Kellie's band, The Lowly Knights, who are brilliant. It was part of a festival (Trans:mission), though, so my friend Catherine and I just went from one band to another all night, getting a good variety of sounds. Lowly Knights are still my favorite. At one point Catherine turned to me and said (as we danced) "How can you help but dance to this music?" I completely agreed.

-I've had a bit of a cold for the last week and can't seem to shake it, so I decided to make an effort to do so today: I made homemade chicken noodle soup, spent most of the day in my pj's and watched Lord of the Rings. I'm still not quite 100%, but today definitely helped.

-I really don't know what magical thing happens in coffee shops for me when I'm trying to write sermons, but they just flow when written there. Maybe the Spirit prefers coffee (I think She just might). I love the buzz and energy I get from figuring out how the good news is found in a text in all its messiness, and how to get that across to people.

1 comment:

Mavis said...

Loved this post thanks