Wednesday, August 08, 2007

predestination and other dinner conversation.

-The view of a reddish sun through trees from my window. If I time it just right, I get a great view from my couch of its ethereal evening glow.

-Explaining predestination to Sara as I study for ordination exams and realizing that I actually remember more than I thought.

-Finally getting to have Maggie and Claire over for Sex & the City. We definitely spent more time catching up than actually watching it, and that's how it should be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time we get together, I'd love to talk to you more about predestination. It's a topic that I've never gotten straight theological answers on before, and a topic that makes me uneasy. Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert) refers to humans as "moist robots." He says we have no free will. I don't know for sure, but I don't like the idea that my life is just the product of some chemical reactions and physics.