Sunday, August 26, 2007

flying biscuits, hiphil cohortatives and pink sunsets (how's that for random?)

-Going to Flying Biscuit with Erin as sort-of a farewell breakfast before she left for her year-long internship. I'll miss you, friend!

-Spending lots of time looking at the Song of Solomon text in Hebrew for my ordination exam. It literally gave me a headache, and was painstakingly slow work. Yet, I was grateful to engage in the struggle of translating once more, and to remember how fascinating and layered Hebrew can be.

-A lovely orange and pink sunset behind the trees outside my window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we put them all together into, "let us go to the Flying Biscuit at sunset?"

I'm coming to Atlanta for the More Light conference. I leave from here tomorrow and will be in Atlanta from Thursday afternoon through the middle of the day next Tuesday. Really hope to see you.

Whitney said...

ha! that would be correct. i'm glad you'll be in town...we definitely need to hang out. call when you get here. :)