Wednesday, August 29, 2007

awaken your consciousness

-After working hard on my exegesis exam all day, giving myself the grace to relax for the evening, and put it away (ok, I snuck in a little editing, but it was minor).

-The music of cooking: the crack the garlic made as I pulled a clove away from the bulb, the sizzle of onions sauteed in olive oil, the whoosh of pasta going into boiling water and the mmm I made with my first bite.

-While making coffee this morning, I looked at the coffee bag and smiled, remembering where it came from. While at a family reunion at Mo Ranch this summer, we ran out of coffee. I immediately told my dad that they sold fair-trade coffee in the gift shop. The next morning, there were two pots of coffee, one labeled "economically exploited" using the leftover Folgers they had brought, and a second labeled "fair trade" using the coffee I had requested. My dad has a great sense of humor.

No comments: