Wednesday, April 04, 2007

fascinating dreams


(Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been traveling and getting over a bad cold. I've included some extras to make up for it.)

-The little girl on the plane who kept playing with her overhead light. She was so fascinated.

-Green grass and wildflowers as far as the eye can see that can only mean Texas.

-The Holy Spirit working despite my cold to help me get my sermon done for Easter. Whew!

-Telling corny knock, knock jokes with my family and laughing way too hard.

-The way large, graceful oak tree branches always end parallel to the ground a few feet from it. They're shaped like big mushroom caps. I wonder how they know when it's time to stop reaching down to the ground.

-Hearing a train whistle as I fall asleep and again as I wake up in the morning.

-Dreaming of finding sand dollars on African shores.

3 comments:

Gareth said...

Aaah, big sky and green grass Texas! Reminds me of home. Hope the sermon goes well, and that you continue enjoying being with your family.
I've finally handed in my second thesis draft - after 5 manic days of working, loads of coffee-shop hours, and one all-nighter! So, to celebrate i'm off to explore Chicago tomorrow. Any tips? Hooray for spring break.

Whitney said...

Oh, I have a great tip for Chicago. They have a great boat tour through the city, where you get to see all the buildings and sites in a really fun way. I'm not sure what it's called, but I'm sure you could google it. Well done with the thesis draft! Have fun.

Gareth said...

Ooops, too late! I heard about the boat tour yesterday, after i'd already done the trolley/bus tour (which was rather entertaining as is). And with temperatures below freezing and even some snow, i think a warm enclosed trolley was the better idea! Thanks for the tip though.