Sunday, April 15, 2007

remembering kindness


-The texture and color of a wicker plant box that has blue paint peeling to reveal bright orange.

-After getting a haircut (which I like but is considerably shorter than I requested), having friends tell me that they love it and couldn't imagine a better suited cut for me.

-Forgetting to remind a friend that I needed to borrow a dvd for confirmation class and then, just as I was texting her in desperate hopes she was still awake, I heard her bring it to my door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I thought that your hair looked shorter tonight, but it had been so long since I'd seen you (and I'm a guy, so I don't always notice these things anyway) that I wasn't sure...and didn't say anything. But I do think that style looks GREAT on you. :)

And my little glimpse of grace from you tonight was seeing how excited you were about dinner. A seemingly mundane meal, and you were "excited about all of it." Your enthusiasm for life is uplifting, and contagious. Thank you!

-Brian G

Whitney said...

Thanks, Brian. :) I do tend to get very excited about cookout food...I'm from Texas, after all! Have a great day. Whitney