Sunday, February 18, 2007

warm reassurances


-In my sermon this morning, I mentioned my glimpses of grace, which prompted a couple of women to come up to me after and share their recent "glimpses" with me. One woman spoke of the return of robins to Georgia, and how that's always a hopeful sign that Spring is near. I hadn't noticed them before, but when I went outside this afternoon, there were six of them playing in the grass.

-Having five great friends from seminary show up to hear me preach. It was such a comfort to see their faces smiling at me. This was the first time I've worn a robe and stole to preach, and it felt surreal and exciting.

-The buttery, melt-in-my-mouth pieces of avocado in my tortilla soup at lunch. It was warm and delicious--the perfect choice for such a frigid day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your sermon went well! I was thinking about you.

We should switch robes sometime, just to see what it would look like. :)

Your tortilla soup sounds good. My Sunday lunch was at the Crossroads Cafe in Tallapoosa. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, salad, corn bread, and sweet tea.

a.k.a. the breakfast of champions.