Monday, February 26, 2007

Breakfast at Whitney's


-Starting my day with coffee and my Breakfast at Tiffany's record. What a great way to ease into another Monday.

-When my theology professor began her lecture on the Holy Spirit, a fellow student (Andy) marched in dressed in full Ghostbuster regalia, complete with a Proton Pack. He announced, "I hear we have a ghost or spirit problem here." The whole class erupted into laughter, and then my professor dubbed the event "an appropriate Presbyterian response: exterminate the Holy Spirit." We laughed even more.

-Getting accepting into the Clinical Pastoral Education program at Grady Hospital in Atlanta for the summer. It's going to be intense and challenging, but I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I did my CPE at Grady two years ago. It's really demanding, but really worth it.

I don't know that I've ever been more scared than when they told us that within a week of starting I was going to be standing an overnight call shift as the only chaplain in the whole hospital.

Ask Rob McC about the joy that is the Grady employee orientation. He loved it.

Whitney said...

Thanks. I'm excited and terrified at the same time--it's a great feeling! It is good to know where I'll be for the summer.