Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"I was hungry and you gave me food"

Mornin' y'all!

Did you have a good breakfast this morning?  Are you perhaps sipping a nice hot cup of joe?  I'd like you to take a moment and think about those for whom this day will not bring anything to eat, or any clean water to drink.  Remembering those who have so little makes us grateful for all that we have...but it can't end there.

We have to share a little of what we have, so that no child will go to bed hungry and wake up the same.  Here's how you can help!  I am walking in the Crop Walk this Sunday with my church and we are raising money for Church World Service, a compassionate, ethical organization that provides food, agricultural skills and employment for those in areas of the world most struggling with hunger.  CWS also helps people in our own community, knowing that hunger affects many here at home, too.

Would you please take just one minute and consider donating the cost of your morning cup of coffee, or your breakfast, or what you spend on food in one day or one week to this important cause?  You can go to my Crop Walk page here and make a donation.  I appreciate your help, and more importantly so do those facing hunger this day.  Thank you.

Peace,
Whitney

1 comment:

E Hendrickson said...

Great words Whitney. I'll be walking with you and others as we help stamp out world hunger!

Ed