Wednesday, February 02, 2011

chicken soup for the soul


-The weather's really cooled off (was 20 degrees this morning) and so dinner of soup & my Dad's amazing homemade wheat bread was sublime. My soup was a total invention (one that I probably couldn't make the same way again), but included carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery, leftover grilled chicken, chicken stock and lots of fresh thyme. It was warm, comforting, tasty.

-Surprising generosity. I think we're often told that people are more individualistic and selfish today than ever before, and this is probably true, but acts of generosity occur all the time. And maybe we recognize them more now than ever before.

-A quote in the newspaper this morning: "Just the knowledge that a good book is awaiting one at the end of a long day makes that day happier." I completely agree.

No comments: