Friday, February 04, 2011

being the change

-Resurrecting a painting/collage I made in Northern Ireland that didn't make it back across the pond completely intact. It became too hot in shipping and so had warped and stuck to packing material. I was able to salvage my favorite part of it, though, and put it in a frame that was my Nana's. I think I may like it even better this way. It's a great reminder to BE the change I want to see in the world. Ghandi didn't say DO the change you wish to see in the world, but BE it. It's embodied change, infused with authenticity and patience.

-A chilly frost that makes a delicate, brilliantly-blue hyacinth glitter with tiny drops of ice.

-Having coffee with a minister friend and feeling refreshed, encouraged and warmed by time we had together. We're going to make it a regular thing.

No comments: