Friday, November 07, 2008

no really, escape, awake

-Having a student at Nightreach look at us with suspicion when we said that we were giving them bacon sandwiches, soup and tea into the wee hours of the morning just to show them kindness and that we (Fitzroy) want to be a presence in the community. I think some of the students, who are mostly Catholic, are used to Protestants trying to challenge or convert them and after explaining to him that that's really not what we're about, he smiled and said, "thank you." I could actually see in his face the moment suspicion turned to gratitude.

-Having a really long day and Jonee my housemate noticing my weariness and saying, "Wanna go to the cinema?" It was the perfect way to relax and recharge.

-After sleeping like it's going out of style (because of a night out til 3am with Nightreach) I wake and groggily make my way downstairs, make coffee, take the first sweet and rich sip and smile as it coaxes me awake.

No comments: