Friday, June 13, 2008

all things Irish (tea, rain, flowers)


-That first sip of tea in the morning. (Coffee's great too, but this morning I craved my tea from Northern Ireland, mellowed with milk and sweetened with sugar.)

-Talking with my sister on the phone and seeing a sudden heavy downpour outside. Sure it was a sprinkler, I rushed out to the backyard in time to witness on of those unpredictable Texas rainstorms. It all happened so quickly that the sun didn't even have time to go away.

-Mom coming home from the grocery store with lovely bells of Ireland for me. They're gorgeous and whimsical, twirling upward with bright green folded leaves and tiny white blossoms nestled inside.

2 comments:

Gregory Anderson said...

Great site!

I love reading Frederick Buechner.

Blessings.

M.K. said...

Those are beautiful, hon! I wonder if we have them in the farmer's market here.