Friday, April 23, 2010

something new and something old that's blue

-Sheena wanted to show me her favorite artist/jeweler/jeweller in Comber and she bought me some amazing earrings made from what I think are metal images from an old English transit bus. They're so quirky and one-of-a-kind, I just love them! She does all of the silver work herself too, which is just so impressive.

-The "flesher"or butcher that looks like it could be straight out of the 1950's but is still in operation. I wonder if Mr. McWhinney ever looks at the building as he opens up in the morning and sees how lovely it is with its sea blue mosaic and hand-painted, peeling sign. I bet he does.

-After dance, Denise and I decided to get a pizza at a place near where we both live ("They're real Italians!") and we sat in her house devouring an impressive amount of pizza and chatting.

No comments: