Thursday, June 04, 2009

T.S. & T.K.




-Going with my new friend Catherine to see Ondine the ballet in Botanic Gardens. It's a really wonderful thing: a live stream of the Royal Ballet performing in London sent all over the UK. It was free, a beautiful day, and we had all sorts of yummy picnic snacks like proscuitto, parmesan, tomatoes with basil and caramel squares. Oh, and a bit of red wine too! It was such a lovely way to spend the evening. As we left I heard some people behind us say, "See, when you go away, you come home and discover things that are new to you. It's like home is a holiday." I thought of one of my favorite T.S. Eliot quotes: "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

-Going to T.K. Maxx (it's K not J here) and finding bargain summer bedding. I really love my green and blue lightweight quilt that keeps me just warm enough, but not too hot on cool summer nights.
-Light-hearted banter.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Golly - it has the look of a live performance. Sounds like a lovely evening.