Monday, October 08, 2007

weekend in florida

(Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I was keynoting & leading worship with some friends at St. Augustine Presbytery's youth conference.)

-Seeing the St. John's River in Florida. I've never really seen a river that looks so much like a bay. I loved the white sailboat in the distance.

-The energy and enthusiasm of jr. highers. They're just different than any of us. We don't normally run up to someone we've never met and say, "Will you be my friend??" It's refreshing.

-Playing guitar so much that my fingertips ached, and knowing that I'm getting back into it again.

-Hearing youth articulate what mission is to them.

-Talking in front of 75 jr. high kids and having their complete attention.

-Many young people coming up to give us hugs after the conference to thank us. They were so generous.
-Our road trip back to Georgia from Florida ended up being 2 hours longer because of construction, but we still had a great time together singing at the top of our lungs, hearing stories and making up road trip games.

No comments: