Sunday, July 08, 2007

peace talks


-Seeing the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina.

-Using art to express my sense of call to peacemaking.

-Sitting on the front porch in a rocking chair drinking coffee with the cool morning air around me.


-A prayer for peace as a part of the 4th of July parade.

-Meeting a fascinating woman in her eighties at the intergenerational Peacemaking Conference. Her name is Ellie, and she has been standing up for women's rights, peace and racial equality all of her life.
-Getting to know the other theological student workers at the conference. I really enjoyed their company. We laughed constantly and enjoyed some stimulating discussions about theology, pacifism and life.
-Hearing "Whitney!" in a crowded room and turning to see Fiona, my Belfast site supervisor's daughter. She's working at Montreat for the summer and I haven't seen her in 2 years. I was so glad she remembered me, and enjoyed catching up and listening to the high-pitched cadence of a Northern Irish accent once again.

No comments: