Monday, May 28, 2012

perspective, pimento & pentecost

-Rearranging my room to put my bed at an angle.  It's funny how your whole perspective changes.  I really like it and, oddly enough, it makes my room feel bigger.  Also, it would seem I'm quite strong. :)

 -Being given a stunning quilt by Linda from church.  She is so talented.  I love the vibrant colors and it even has a little tag saying "To Whitney, Pastor of Cameron Presbyterian Church from Linda."  What a thoughtful thing to do.  It's such a work of art that I should hang it on a wall, but I think it's better being used.  She joked that if I wear it out, she'll just make me another one.

-A quiet reprieve in a hectic day found in a homemade pimento cheese sandwich on homemade rye bread at a little bakery.  

-The fun and power of Pentecost Sunday, where everyone wore red (I even had red heels and nails) and we decked out the sanctuary with vibrant color.  I also had the chance to preach on a text I've been wanting to preach on: the valley of dry bones in Ezekiel.  It's such a poetic passage (fancy a read?  Here ya go!).

No comments: