Friday, July 18, 2008

grace and peace to you


-Being given lots of encouraging letters and a lovely bracelet (with the words from "Amazing Grace" on it) by the kids from my small group. I had to leave early because my Grandfather passed away yesterday, and so they wanted to be sure and let me know that they cared for me. It was so kind. Teenagers have this great capacity to shock you with kindness in unexpected moments.

-Erin sending me off with a teary hug and the lovely little pocket piece we had admired in the bookstore. What a wonderful friend.

-The man who drove me to the airport in the shuttle from Montreat was so kind and gracious. I loved his soothing accent and constant smile. As we drove along, I thought of how often it is that a taxi/shuttle driver makes an impact on me.

No comments: