Tuesday, October 24, 2006

distance, size and new eyes

-Drinking my coffee with ice cream in it this morning, like my sister does, made me think of her. Then I realized that she was probably doing exactly the same thing at that moment. That's so like my family: no matter how far apart we are, COFFEE will always bring us back together.

-The itty-bitty dog that growled at Sandra and me as we walked outside, and then softened up and let me pet it. His owner apologized saying, "he doesn't know his size." I'm glad I don't know my size.

-While I was studying in the library, a man walked into the room and just looked around him, awestruck, with his mouth open. It was clearly the first time he had been in our library, and he seemed to really enjoy it. His wonder made me see the books, tables, windows and light with new eyes.

No comments: