Sunday, November 21, 2010

community & cravings


-A passing of the peace during worship that was so enthusiastic that it lasted for several minutes as people flooded into the center aisle to greet each other. None of that perfunctory "How are you?" "I'm fine." business, but instead real community and conversations.

-Going to have Thanksgiving lunch with my Nana at her senior home and enjoying the hospitality of the place, the time together and (of course) the food.

-Conditioned cravings: My family and I almost always ate Chinese food after church when I was growing up and so I often crave it on Sundays. In Belfast, a large meal on Sunday (or any other day, really) was always followed by a cup of tea or coffee. So today, after my big Thanksgiving meal #1, I craved coffee Belfast-style. It was delicious.

No comments: