Monday, August 04, 2008

arrive, chat, kiss

-Leading worship at my home church and feeling so welcomed and valued. One woman came up to me and said, "I'm so excited for you. You've arrived!." I'm not entirely sure what that meant, but I know that, whatever it is, I want to "arrive."

-A nice long lunch with my good friend Kyle. I love those conversations that just last for hours and feel like ten minutes.

-Seeing a woman come in the coffee shop, sneak in behind a man sitting alone at a table, and give him a kiss on the cheek as a greeting. They both smiled and she sat down.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Whitney! "You've Arrived" is an old-fashioned statement meaning you have achieved success and/or become famous. Lynn from EPC - watching way too many old movies. :)

Whitney said...

Hi Lynn! Hope you don't mind me putting a link to your blog here. I want to read it often, and that reminds me to. Thanks for the info. I need to watch more old movies!